Welcome

Welcome to this blog!

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

What a long Stay?

Dear friends & relatives,
What a long stay? I was warded in Sunway Hospital since 10th Nov, due to shivering fever. After a few rounds of blood test, it was confirmed that I have an infection at my chemo port. I was on antibiotic non-stop for the past 13 days. I was on antibiotic trial for 6 days before I was put to the right antibiotic so Doctor did not allow me to be discharged yesterday even I have fully recovered physically. sigh!! When will I be discharge? Let's hear from Doctors again today.
It's a real long stay!! 13 days, 14 days or more?? I can't imagine how big is the bill. Apparently I have applied for home leave, so I will be at home from 6-9pm for my shower & dinner.
Since it is confirmed that my chemo port has infection so Doctors has decided to remove it, but the question is when? My last chemo drug done on 10th Nov was Avastin so it is recommended to wait for 3 weeks before any surgery to avoid excess bleeding and delayed wound healing. So I have to wait till 1st week of December.
I have a plan to go for HITV treatment in Japan and now is waiting for Japan's Doctor to design my treatment protocol then firm up the schedule. Before this is done, I just have to wait and get ready my passport and visa to Japan. The duration of the treatment is expected to be 3 weeks. If my treatment plan starts in mid December I will be able to see the Christmas & New year celebration in Tokyo. This will be something that excites me at this moment.
Ogenki Desu ka?
Mata ashita.
Ai Woon

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Ai Woon,
I have been checking your blog for updates. I am delightfully happy to 'hear' from you. I am encouraged by your words and wisdom in this challenging situation. Your situation has spoken much things to me and that I should count my blessings eventhough I don't normally complain.

I will continue to uphold you in prayer and ask God to watch over you and your family.

God bless you sister and your whole household.
WC

counselcounsel said...

My dear friend

Greatest news today right? I guess you are back home now. Home sweet home is where you belong. Keep up with that and hope you get the chance to stroll in the park soon.

Nihon e ikimashou!

Persistent said...

Dear WC,
Thank you for your word of encouragment and your prayer to uphold me.

God Bless you too.