Welcome

Welcome to this blog!

Monday, December 12, 2011

Treatment Started

Dear friends & relatives,
I know a lot of you are waiting for my update, it is not because I am not well but due to the limitation of internet usage. It is available but chargeable at a very high rate, so we waited till we moved to this Daiichi Hotel which is out of the city where we can use it free. Things here also much more cheaper. Imagine we have to pay a meal of RM320 for 2 persons and this is the cheapest place we found at the basement area. The buffer breakfast is RM120, lunch is RM200, dinner350 per person. These are the simple normal buffer we have in KL and the variety of dishes are much lesser. The fruits here are mostly apple, fuji apple, etc. and it is not cheap, RM12 to RM20 for 1 apple. Taxi is very very expensive, starting charge is already RM32, go by meter... easily RM80-RM100 for a very short distance.
Today we are at Daiichi Hotel, will be staying till 19th before we check out to the city again. I have receive my first session of Tomotherapy (precised radiation), I vomited immediately after the session finished. They gave me a dose of anti-vomit medecine which will last me for a week. I feel better after that and able to eat a little. I feel tired and sleepy, so I slept for the whole day. I have bought a travel cooker yesterday and will try to cook noodle with some veg to eat for dinner tonight. Yesterday I bought a piece of salmon and some veg, I cooked porridge and placed the salmon and veg on top, it was a wonderful dinner I had last night. There is a big shopping mall about 10 mininutes walk away where we can buy a lot of fresh fresh, meat and veg. I have problem in walking too long due to my breathing difficulty, so I guess Kelvin has to do the walking most of the time. He seems to be having good time, enjoying the food here.
My Tomotherapy will have 4 more days to go. I hope I will feel better tomorrow. God will have mercy to refresh my strength and help me to go through this difficult time.
God has always been good to me, I met a friend (ex-sunway JDE Consultant), Alvin Yeo with his wife bringing his father in-law there for the same treatment, we met at the ICVS Clinic in the city. They were here for 2 weeks already, going back today to KL. It was a blessing to know more detail of the treatment process from Alvin`wife (a doctor) and also Alvin has shown us where to get cheaper food rather than eating in the hotel for expensive food. And in Daiichi hotel here we have a friend Sachiko which is a Church friend introduced by Yukiko of DUMC. She has been driving me and showing us around whenever we need help. We were also invited for their Church Christmas party on the coming Sunday.
So much for the time being, will update again soon.
God Bless.
























































3 comments:

counselcounsel said...

My dear friend

It is great to receive news from you and especially knowing that all went smooth over there in Japan. It was really with blessing that the church has sent someone to assist you and that you met friends who provided more advice!

Relax and receive the treatment whole heartedly and in no time, you will be flying back here sharing joyful stories with us!

As for today, Happy Birthday to you! May you be healthy and happy and all your wishes come true! All the best to you and God Bless always!

Anonymous said...

Dear Sis Ai Woon,
It is great to hear from you. We over here are praying for you and brother Kelvin. Yes, the cost of living in Japan especially Tokyo is crazily high.

While we were sharing about the goodness of God in the cell meeting, we acknowledged that your courage had taught us much about trusting in the Lord.

Be encouraged that you're being loved and held warmly and graciously in the God's bossom.

Continue to keep us posted.

God Bless
Sis WC

Persistent said...

Dear Cindy & WC,
It's really good that all of you are reading my blog, giving me encouragement. It's a tearing experience when receiving word in a foreign country with both of us only. Especially when we are not here for holiday. I stayed in the room most of the time resting & sleeping where Kelvin will take a talk & bring back some interesting food to enlight me a little. I will try to eat more when I have appetite.

Regards,
Ai Woon